For more details, please visit the ACCC website at http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/996739
Warranty Service Terms & Conditions
When using this site, you acknowledge that you have read the below terms and conditions, and hereby give Bluechip Infotech Pty Ltd (A.C.N. 076 483 808, A.B.N. 32 076 483 808) the authority to conduct a service of my equipment in accordance with them.
DOA (Dead On Arrival) – For brand new goods claim. DOA faulty items claim within 7 days from our original invoice.
RA (Return Authorization) – Warranty repair/replacement service claims after 7 days from our original invoice.
1. Bluechip Infotech Pty. Ltd. (BCIT) will replace/repair goods that are returned faulty under warranty. However under no circumstances will we accept any goods that are damaged due to transitor misuse, and BCIT reserves the right to reject any goods damaged in transit. A “Service Quote/Charge” form will be issued if it becomes a None-Warranty issue.
2. DOA claim items must show invoice number and must be returned in original complete package, including accessories, manuals and packing materials. Any goods that are returned without all accessories will incur a charge, as per the Vendors terms, and this will be deducted from the Credit issued. In the case of no fault found, the Vendor will either return the item to the customer or will charge a re-stocking fee and this will be deducted from the credit issued. RA claim items must be returned and received by BCIT before the warranty date is expired. All goods must be returned within 7 days of issue of the DOA/ RA reference number.
3. Warranties are to be returned to BCIT at the customer’s expense and must be accompanied by a packing list (For multiple goods, a copy of completed & signed RA Form, a copy of the proof of purchase and mark clearly the RA number on the outside box). All the returned goods must be delivered in anti-static bags and protected by suitable packaging. Failure to do so will cause the goods to be sent back to the customer at the customer’s expense without being repaired/replaced and the warranty may be voided.
4. Warranty replacement items will not be issued until the faulty unit has been returned to us. Delays can be expected on replacements if a stock item is not available at the time of return.
5. Warranty service does not cover any software/firmware setting problem and any problem caused by any part that was not purchased from BCIT. If a client requires, an $80.00 per hour service fee will be applied to the repair of the item.
6. A labour fee of A$80.00 per hour + parts (Min. A$40.00) unless still under warranty, and/or a standard fee of A$15.00 (per item) and $80.00 (per system) applies on all hardware tested by BCIT which are found to be not faulty.
7. BCIT will not be responsible for any lost information (such as lost data in the HDD, etc) caused during the time of service. BCIT will cover the one-way freight to our direct customer under Warranty, but will not be responsible for any loss or damages incurred during the transportation.
8. For the speed and efficiency of processing your RA please return the goods to “RA, 97 Derby St, Silverwater NSW 2128”. If goods are not returned directly to Bluechip’s Sydney branch delays in processing your RA return may occur.
Bluechip Infotech Pty Ltd - Repair Notice
1. Loss of Stored Data
The repair oA goods capable of retaining user-generated datamay result in the loss of data stored on those goods. In this notice, “user-generated data”means any data stored on goods including customised programming and data stored on computers, notebooks, monitors, tablets and mobile phones
2. Use of Refurbished Parts
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods. As part of our normal repair process, we will restore all products to their factory default settings, and this will result in the loss of all personal data and configurations.